Mweya Safari LodgeRubirizi, Uganda
The Lodge is located on a peninsula within the heart of the Queen Elizabeth National Park and surrounded by the magical Rwenzori Mountains – the ‘Mountains of the Moon’; Mweya Safari Lodge offers visitors a spectacular experience of luxury in the wilderness.
The Lodge offers a range of activities and attractions: take a game drive and discover a vast array of wild game; experience a launch trip on the Kazinga Channel using one of our luxury boats; or watch some of the 619 different species of birds available to be seen. Nearby, chimpanzees can be found in the breathtaking Kyambura gorge – a formation of the natural rift in the earth. Here the ancient movement of tectonic plates has created a natural forest habitat for hippos, monkeys, chimpanzees, elephants and buffaloes.
Each room at Mweya Safari Lodge has a breathtaking view of the Kazinga channel. You can watch the forest hogs grazing the grass outside, as well as the odd curious hippo! Our cuisine is of the highest quality, presenting a range of exquisite Continental, Indian and International cuisine.
For those who want to unwind and relax, what better way than with a massage? The Mweya Health Club and spa offers treatments to revitalize you after a long day out in the game park. With an abundance of game, and some of the best bird watching in Africa, Mweya Safari Lodge is the perfect place to start your journey of discovery.
- Standard Rooms
- All rooms have Balcony door,s Fans En-suite bathroom, Telephone, Electronic Safes
- Deluxe Rooms
- All rooms have Balcony doors, Electrical safes, Fans, Telephone, En-suite bathroom, Wooden Floors, AC Units, Twin/double deluxe rooms have King-size beds, Large windows showing panoramic views of the Kazinga Channel
- Electronic Safes, Telephone, Fans, En-suite bathroom, Natural wooden floors, Large windows showing panoramic views of the Kazinga Channel, Fold- up sofa bed, Mini-bar.
- Queen’s Cottage
- Ultra luxury master bedroom with king-sized bed, Bathroom en-suite with shower and sunken bath, Twin Bedroom with en-suite bathroom, Large living / Dining room, Kitchenette full facility, Large Balcony, 41″ Plasma TV Screen with DSTV Connection, Mini Bar, AC Units Safes / Telephone
- Presidential Cottage
- Main bedroom with king-size bed, Luxury bathroom en-suite with shower and sunken bath, Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom, Small kitchenette with full facility, Luxury living room with dining area, Luxury furniture and fittings, 41″ Plasma TV screen with DSTV connection, Extend balcony overlooking Kazinga Channel, Mini Bar Fridge, AC Units, Safe
- The Rwenzori Cottage
- Master bedroom with king-size bed with en-suite bathroom, 2 Twin rooms, One bathroom for twin rooms, Living room, Natural wooden floors, Mini Bar Fridge, Supplied with tea and coffee service, Safes and Telephoneits
- The Royal Cottage
- Master bedroom with queen-sized bed, A twin bedroom, All bedrooms are with en-suite bathrooms, Natural wooden floors, Living room, AC Unit, Mini Bar Fridge, Supplied with tea and coffee service, 41″ Plasma TV screen with DSTV connection, Safes and Telephone
- Luxury Tents
- All tents have ceiling fans, showers, dressing tables, work desks, and wonderful deck terraces, with lounger chairs, to marvel at the stunning views of the Kazinga channel in front of you!